Social Media Guidelines for NIMBioS Meetings
While we encourage your use of social media at NIMBioS gatherings, we remind you to adhere to NIMBioS' social media guidelines and accepted social media etiquette. Please be aware of the following guidelines:
- Follow us on Twitter @NIMBioS and use the official hashtag for whichever meeting you are following. The hashtag can be found on the meeting's webpage at NIMBioS.com.
- Follow us on Facebook at facebook.com/nimbios.
- Blog about the meeting and what you are hearing and seeing (but without sharing details of any data presented; follow journal rules about data sharing).
- Converse with other attendees.
- Communicate with respect, being mindful of diversity and tolerant of differences you may encounter. Keep criticism constructive.
- Transmit or redistribute data presented at the meeting -- the data presented may preclude subsequent publication of the data in a scholarly journal. Please do not jeopardize your colleagues' work.
- Engage in rudeness or personal attacks.