Mathematical and Computational Ecology and Evolution at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville
The objectives of this program at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville are:
- To support interdisciplinary research in mathematics, computational science, and ecology;
- To provide research training and supervision for graduate students based in several departments and programs at UTK; and
- To foster scientific interactions and collaborations between quantitative faculty and students and empirical researchers.
- To provide excellent graduate educational training to enable our students to compete for both industrial and academic positions;
- To introduce advanced undergraduates to mathematical modeling methods in the biological sciences; and
- To aid the development of quantitative skills for life science students at all levels.
- To provide an environmental modeling, mathematical and computational ecology connection linking the University to public and private organizations; and
- To provide international education in the areas of mathematical and computational ecology and environmental modeling especially to developing countries.