2012 Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) Program
Eighteen undergraduates participate in the 2012 NIMBioS Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU), June 11-August 3, 2012. During the eight-week program, participants live on campus at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville (UT), and work in teams with NIMBioS postdocs and UT faculty to conduct research at the interface of mathematics and biology. The award includes a stipend, housing and some funding to support travel.
- Modeling the evolution of sexual imprinting
- Modeling protein translation and genome evolution
- Harnessing the arsenal of nature: developing natural pesticides
- Modeling Salmonella transmission in swine
- Agent-based mathematical model for Johne's disease epidemiology and economy
- Modeling early evolution of human immunodeficiency virus
REU in the News
For further information about the program, please contact Kelly Sturner, Education and Outreach Coordinator, NIMBioS (Email: ksturner_at_nimbios.org) or Dr. Suzanne Lenhart, Associate Director of Education, Outreach, and Diversity, NIMBioS (Email: lenhart_at_math.utk.edu).